Sunday, August 15, 2010

Christmas in August?
















It has been fairly cool this weekend in our little corner of SE Saskatchewan. Could this by why I had such an urge to create Christmas cards this weekend? Or could it be that I absolutely love the new Holiday mini that will be available September 1st and I had to play with some of my new goodies that finally arrived on Friday? One of my favourite things about being a demo is the ability to have sneak peeks and preorders from new catalogues and minis. One of the cards I made used the stamp set Angelic Joy. The materials used for this card are:

Stamp set: Angelic Joy
Accessories: water color paper, ticket corner punch, the new XL Decorative Label punch and new Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die for the Big Shot, pearls.
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper, Artichoke, Very Vanilla

I am absolutely in love with the Deck the Halls DSP and plan on ordering more soon. The new Decorative Label punch is also going to be one of my main go to punches, as well as the Tasteful Trim die for the Big Shot. There are so many options on this new die and I know I will get a lot of use out of it. The lovely angel was stamped on water color paper and water colored in with a blender pen and artichoke and crumb cake ink. I have another project in mind for this beautiful
stamp; one that will suit the style of this stamp to perfection. Stay tuned for upcoming pics.

My second card is a little less formal and uses one of the stamps from the Tags til Christmas set. This is a nine piece stamp set that coordinates with so many of the Stampin' Up! punches. The materials used in this card are:

Stamp Set: Tags til Christmas and Christmas Greetings
Paper: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Deck the Halls DSP and Whisper White
Accessories: Scallop Trim Corner and Scallop Edge Border punches, XL Decorative Label punch, Big Designer Buttons and linen thread.

These buttons are definitely big. In fact, the button used on this card is the smallest size in the pack. These colors coordinate beautifully with the colors in the Deck the Hall Designer Series Paper.

I have had so much fun using my new stuff. I hope you enjoy what I have shared with you today. Mini catalogues are available so contact me if you are interested in receiving one. Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.