Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby card, some DE with bling and a pretty favour box

I'm starting to get back into the groove and I believe my mojo may be back!! It's even getting to the point where I'm thinking up projects in my sleep. There have been a couple of nights now where Baja Breeze ribbon and glass glitter have been the main focus of stamping dreams. Am I an addict or what? Addicted, stampin crazy, whatever you want to call it, it does feel good to be back in my stamping space.

I needed a baby card to welcome a new baby girl into my cousin's family. It seems that I may have gotten a little carried away with all of the pink:


That is what happens when you are the only female in the house. This card is done in pretty in pink and whisper white. The stamps used come from a couple of different sets: Valentine defined and A Slice of Life.

My next project involved dressing up my new clear block storage caddy. The case is very plain and industrial looking in my opinion and needed to be prettied up a bit. I had a Decor Elements flower left over from when I decorated my shower curtain (yes - I DE'd my shower curtain with vinyl flowers much to my husband's dismay!!). That poor flower needed just a little something so I added quite a few basic rhinestones. This is the prettiest, blingiest caddy around now:


Finally, I needed a pretty box for a thank you for a new client. I used the Big Shot and the Fancy Favor die to cut out the early espresso card stock. After folding at the score lines to make them more defined, I ran the box through the Big Shot again using the Elegant Lines embossing folder. The top edge of the box was cut using the top portion of the Fancy Favor die to cut a strip from Very Vanilla Patterns Designer Series Paper. This adds a nice touch to the favor box. The flower was punched from strips of First Edition designer series paper that were distressed using the Distressing Essentials kit. I used the large, medium and small scallop circle punches to layer for the flower with an antique brad in the centre.


Please check in again to see the latest project I have been excited about. Funny though, I still haven't made a project using my baja breeze seem binding and baja breeze glass glitter. Maybe next weekend.

Thanks for stopping by. Take care.

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Love the baby card. Also the Fancy Favor box, the flower is lush.
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.