Sunday, February 13, 2011

Whew - ready for Valentine's Day to be over!!

Haha ... it was only a short while ago I was raving about how much I love those Valentine projects. Well, I think I've reached the point of Valentine overload. Here are the two cards we made for Ty to take to the lovely hostesses of the Valentine dance party he went to today:


These were a 3 x 3 card and a 4 x 4 card using real red and whisper white. The heart was stamped with whisper white craft ink using the Sweetheart stamp set and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. The punch out was done with the large heart punch which happens to coordinate with the Sweetheart set.

I then realized that a card hadn't been made for my own special Valentine. It was done in a hurry and when you know the recipient isn't very judgmental ... well let's just say I felt it was all about the message and not so much about the presentation!! haha Poor Phil. This card will be attached to a huge box of chocolates so all will be forgiven. :)


This is a swing card using scallop circles cut with the big shot. I love how the layer behind the heart somewhat resembles the read out on a heart monitor. This layer and the small heart used the red glitter paper and were cut using the tasteful trim die with the big shot and the small heart punch.

So that is definitely it for all the Valentine projects this year. Next will be some special cards to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week this week. Ty's wonderful teachers will be getting these on Wednesday once the craziness of the Valentine celebrations are over. Check back for my next post on this project.

Thanks for stopping by. Take care.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.