Thursday, May 12, 2011

May Card Club

Bad, bad blogger!!! I have been slipping on keeping my blog updated and I apologize for that. It has been busier than usual so that is my excuse. I'm hoping that things slow down soon so that I can find time to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather, if we ever get any!

Last night was the last official stamp club meeting. I enjoy seeing my club ladies every month and I know that I will miss them over the summer months. In order to drag things out a little bit, I have offered them a bonus club night in June where they will not have to place an order, just come, stamp and have fun. Maybe I can entice them to come again in July for the new catty open house.

I was excited to show the ladies some new techniques last night. This card uses the reflection technique with the classic Lovely as a Tree:



This set works perfectly for those hard to make masculine cards and it also works well as a sympathy card. The technique is really quite easy and gives dramatic results.

Our second card was also another masculine card, perfect for father's day or another masculine birthday:


I love this card!! This card uses all new product from the Summer Mini. The stamp set is The Open Sea, the DSP is Nautical Expedition and the Early Espresso Baker's Twine. Love it, love it, love it!! The Nautical Expedition paper is absolutely gorgeous and the colours and the patterns are perfect with the nautical sets.

Our last card used the inlaid embossing technique and the new triple layer punch, Blossom Bouquet:


This card was CASEd from Darlene McCallum. Check out her blog: http://dreamingaboutrubberstamps.com/summer-mini-sneak-peek-blossom-bouquet-triple-layer-punch. I modified my version a little bit. This punch coordinates well with the Bold Blossom stamp set from the mini. This is a very easy technique that gives your card a very different look. Kinda neat huh?

Well, it's time to get some more projects done for the Trade Show on Saturday. Thank you for stopping by. Take care.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.