Thursday, June 9, 2011

June Club projects

Last night was the bonus club night I put on for my club ladies. I wanted to treat them to a class where they were not required to place an order, just come work on some projects and have a good visit. Pure selfishness on my part as I can't stand going the rest of the summer without seeing my club ladies. Hopefully I will see them again at my Open House on the 29th and maybe at some of the classes I have scheduled over the summer.

Here are the projects we worked on last night:


This is a garden stake cut from aluminum flashing using the Big Shot. Credit for this idea goes to the talented Laura Haffke. The flashing is embossed first using the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, cut out using the large scallop circle die. The butterfly is embossed first using the polka dot embossing folder and then cut out using the smallest butterfly on the Beautiful Butterflies die. Love it!!

This next project was from an idea in the demo's Stampin' Success magazine:


This coaster is a cute and easy project that requires no stamping at all!! It is a matter of making layers - the bottom layer is your cork or chipboard, a layer of Stampin' Up! adhesive sheet, a layer of Designer Series paper of your choice, another layer of adhesive sheet and top it off with a window sheet. Once the layers are completed, it is run through the Big Shot using the 3.5 circle die. A set of these would make a lovely gift.

Our final project took a little more time and actually involved a little bit of stamping:


This project uses the skinny tins that I found on the Stampin' Up! clearance rack ages ago. They are no longer available on the Clearance Rack but I would recommend checking in on a regular basis as you never know what might show up on there. The front of the tin is decorated using the beautiful Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper that will be coming out in the new catalogue. The flower is one of my new favourite dies - Fun Flowers. Inside the tin are 3 x 3 thank you note cards and mini envelopes. I am using this for my son's teacher for an end of the year thank you gift.

It was another fun night and I look forward to club starting up again in the fall.

Thank you for stopping by. Take care.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.