Sunday, October 2, 2011

World Card Making Day

Whew - it's been a while since I posted!! I have been busy working on various projects that I can't post as they are for upcoming events. This Saturday was World Card Making Day. I should have hosted an event for this special occasion but I had a big project to work on instead. However, it did seem appropriate to spend the weekend working on a card that was meant to represent multiculturalism. I had received a special order to have 50 thank you cards done for the sponsors of a recent multicultural event. It was the second annual Collage Culture Festival and I attended as a vendor for the second year in a row. This is a terrific opportunity to experience the various cultures of the people that live in our community. There are display booths, food vendors and entertainment. I love this event and had a perfect location this year that allowed me to practically have a front row seat by the stage. I was honoured to be asked to do the thank you cards. Here's a pic:


This is a 4 x 4 card using Pacific Point card stock. The dove and the world image are from Peaceful Season from last year's holiday mini and has since retired. The olive branch was punched from Old Olive using the branch from the Bird Builder punch. All of this was placed on a piece of whisper white punched using the 2 1/2" circle punch. The thank you sentiment is from the Just Believe set and is stamped using basic black on whisper white and punched with the Modern Label punch. It does seem appropriate for World Card Making Day don't you think?

I am looking forward to posting one of my latest projects later this week. It is an item that I will be presenting as a hostess gift for a workshop on Wednesday. I may also post one or two of the projects that we will be doing for a make and take.

Thanks for stopping by.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.