Friday, June 1, 2012

Creative Crew Challenges for June

I love the challenges that I am receiving as a Creative Crew member on Splitcoast.   Here are the projects that I created for this month's challenges:

DSP/Colour Focus - use just three colours:  basic gray, white and one new In Colour:

The card base uses primrose petals and the basic gray layer has been cut using the big shot and the new Oval Accents Bigz Die.   Polka dots on the basic gray layer are from the polka dot embossing folder.  The cake comes from the new set Make a Cake and the happy birthday banner is from the new set Itty Bitty Banners.   The banner is cut using the big shot and the Itty Bitty Banner framelit.    Flowers are created with the boho blossoms and itty bitty shapes punches using primrose petals and basic gray card stock.   Some new whisper white stitched grosgrain ribbon and basic pearls add the final touch.

Catalog focus - use one "new" item in combination with one "old" item:

I used a few different new with old combinations.   The card base uses chocolate chip with a layer of the new gumball green card stock.  The gumball green layer is punched with the ticket corner punch and embossed with the square lattice embossing folder.    This old big shot product is combined with a new big shot product - the Apothecary Accents framelit.    An old stamp set - Lovely as a Tree - has been around as long as I have been stamping.   This old set is combined with the new Itty Bitty Banners set and cut using the Itty Bitty Banners framelit.   Finally, some old whisper white organza ribbon is combined with some new gumball green satin stitched ribbon.

Holiday Focus - Manly Men:

We were given the lyrics to a Brad Paisley song and then required to base our project on a line from the song.  Well these are the lines that I associate with my husband:

Yeah, with all of these men linein' up to get neutered its hip now to be feminized. I don't highlight my hair, I've still got a pair. Yeah, honey I'm still a guy. Oh my eyebrows ain't plucked there's a gun in my truck. Oh thank god, I'm still a guy.
 
LOL    Anyone that knows my husband knows that he is a manly man and these words definitely apply to him.   Once again My Digital Studio came to my rescue.    I love being able to find a digital download when I need a particular stamp.   This truck comes from the digi Countryside and is exactly like an old truck that my husband owns.   Another great option of using digital is the ability to adjust the size of your image.   This image was printed out using basic black on whisper white and then cut using the new Oval Accents Bigz Die and the Big Shot.    The image is coloured using Stampin' Pastels in real red, certainly celery, garden green, chocolate chip, so safron and basic black.   The oval layer is applied to the Early Espresso card base which has been embossed using the houndstooth embossing folder.   Happy Father's Day comes from Teeny Tiny wishes stamped in early espresso on whisper white and embellished with an antique brad.    Love it!!

Finally, the scrapbook focus:

A layout of my two favourite guys!!   My husband isn't too impressed with me that I'm posting pictures of him for all the world to see.    I guess I wouldn't be very happy if he posted a pic of me in my bathing suit and another of me eating a huge bowl of ice cream.  hehe   What can I say, I had to meet the challenge.  :)   This challenge was based on the classic strawberry shortcake.   We needed to use the colours real red, crumb cake and very vanilla; there needed to be at least one group of three and there needed to be something soft.   All of the required colours were used in this layout.   There are two groups of three:  three pictures and three hearts.   The something soft is the torn edges of the very vanilla pieces.  


I hope you enjoyed these projects.   My next mission is to prepare for my Open House on Thursday.   I will try to post pictures of the make and take projects we will be working on.   Also coming soon is the Stylin' Stampin' Squad June blog hop.   Check in again soon to see what I've been working on.


Thanks for stopping by.


Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.