Monday, July 16, 2012

Keep the mojo coming!

I had to go out of town for the day yesterday and I was a little upset about that.    It was a perfect day to stay inside and stamp and I still had ideas for card projects that I wanted to work on.    Hopefully the ideas will keep coming and I will find some time in the next day or two to create some more cards.    Here are a couple more samples of the cards I have been working on:

This card uses a lot of new product.   The card base is a new in colour - primrose petals.   A layer of baja breeze is cut using the new large scallop edgelit and then embossed with the new delicate designs embossing folder.   A layer of DSP from the Patio Party pack is my source for the colour combination as it contains primrose petals, baja breeze, starfruit and whisper white butterflies on a midnight muse background.   Butterfly images from the new set Papillon Potpourri are stamped on whisper white with primrose petals and midnight muse inks.   The color spritzer and a primrose petals marker add some colour to the whisper white background.   The centre butterfly is stamped again on a scrap of whisper white with midnight muse ink and punched out with the new elegant butterfly punch.     Placing the punched butterfly over the stamped butterfly gives it some dimension as I like to make sure the wings are up off of the paper.    White stitched ribbon gives a nice background to the oval punched sentiment which comes from the Petite Pairs set.

Of course I had to create another card using my new favourite set - Blooming with Kindness.    I love the look of the new starfruit colour combined with soft suede.    The floral image is stamped with soft suede directly to the starfruit layer.    The top of this layer is embossed with the new fancy fan embossing folder.   A strip of retired soft suede polka dot ribbon is flipped over to use the plain side and embellished with basic pearls.   With Sympathy comes from a retired set that I absolutely refuse to part with - Hope for Comfort.   This retired set has some great verses for the inside of sympathy cards.   The sentiment is stamped on very vanilla with soft suede and given a scallop border punched edge of soft suede card stock.   So sorry also comes from the Hope for Comfort set and is also stamped on very vanilla with soft suede then punched out using the jewellery tag punch.   A tiny bow of linen thread and some more basic pearls finish off this card.  

That is all I have for now and I hope to have some more samples to show you in the next day or two.   Thank you for stopping by.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.