Monday, September 17, 2012

Thank you's and birthdays!

The past week was a busy week, as most seem to be.   I had posted earlier about our first Club night.   One of my Club ladies was kind enough to bring some extra tools for me to use in class.   The next day I tried a new cookie recipe which uses Nutella.    Absolutely LOVE Nutella in our house so how could you go wrong with a Nutella cookie!    They were delish and probably a new favourite in our house.    I made sure to give Patrice one as a thank you for her help.    Of course you can't just give a cookie without wrapping it up pretty:
I used the oval accents bigz die to cut a folded piece of cajun craze card stock.  A strip of comfort cafe cut with the same die fits across the front and is decorated with some soft suede leaves and a brushed bronze designer button with vintage lace.    The sides of the oval accent cut pieces are closed using sticky strip, leaving the top open to form a pocket.   Taaadaaaa ... a cute little cookie holder!

SUPPLIES:

Paper:   cajun craze, comfort cafe DSP, very vanilla, soft suede
Ink:   soft suede
Stamps:   Full of Blessings
Accessories:   big shot, oval accents bigz die, autumn accents bigz die, brushed bronze designer button, vintage lace

It was also a week of birthdays.    My sis-in-law had a birthday on Friday.   Here is the card I made for her:
I love combining soft suede with summer starfruit.    This is a partial CASE from someone ... can't find where I had seen the sample that inspired me.    Thank you so much whoever you are.   Leave a comment if it was from you.

SUPPLIES:

Paper:   soft suede, summer starfruit, very vanilla
Ink:   summer starfruit, soft suede
Stamps:   Blooming with Kindness, Bring on the Cake
Accessories:   big shot, apothecary accents framelits, finishing touches edgelits, paper piercer, essentials paper-piercing pack, large oval punch, basic pearls, dazzling details

And ... I had a birthday too!    Here is a pic of a beautiful gift I received from my friend, Tina:
Isn't this cute??    She makes the most beautiful cake pops and the presentation makes it hard to eat them because you don't want to ruin the beauty of it.    Thank you so much Tina for the beautiful birthday gift.   Tina has a birthday coming up soon but I won't ruin it by giving her my baking!    I will have to surprise her with something crafty.   lol

Thanks for stopping by.    Have a great day.

Pat




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.