Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!! Welcome 2013!!

So another year has come and gone.    Wow - December flew by in a flash.   We were talking today about taking the tree down on the weekend.   It seems like we just put it up!!   I always find it a little depressing after the tree and the decorations come down.   Everything looks so empty and blah!    I especially like all of the twinkly lights at Christmas.    I'm pretty sure my husband won't let me keep them up all year round.  :(

December was also typical in that I didn't do a lot of blogging.   Blogging tends to go to the back burner when there is so much that needs to be done to prepare for Christmas.   It is also a busy time of year with craft sales and now I am managing our local farmers' market so that took up a fair bit of time.    Now I get a break until spring so I better get my butt in gear and start crafting up a storm for the next round of craft sales and markets.   

A peek at my memory card for my camera showed up some crafts that I never did blog about.   Here are a few items I may have missed:

This card has a crumb cake card base and a layer of the Natural Composition Specialty paper.   This paper has a glossy, raised pattern on a heavy-weight natural paper.   The patterns are quite pretty and can be sponged to give a pop of colour.   A crumb cake ribbon and some basic pearls give a little bit of a delicate touch to this card.

 This cute card was CASE'd from Shannon Lane.   You can check out her blog here.    I love using that owl punch in such cute ways.

This card was CASE'd from Kimberly Van Diepen, one of my all time favourite demos.   You can find all kinds of inspirational projects on her website, Stampin By The Sea.   This card uses one of my favourite stamp sets, Thoughts and Prayers.   I was so excited at how pretty the cherry cobbler dazzling details looked on the tree.   It added just a nice little touch of bling!

Finally, this was my favourite Christmas ornament to make in 2012.   I saw so many of these on various blogs and I'm sorry to say that I can't remember where I CASE'd this particular version from.    I always try to give credit so if this looks like it might have been your idea, please let me know and I will update to give you credit.   This little guy has a battery operated tea light for his face!   It looks so cute all lit up.   I coloured the nose with an orange sharpie and the eyes, mouth and buttons are pearls coloured with a black sharpie.  The rest of him is all created from punches.    Love it!!

So I think that should be all of the projects I may have missed.    I'm excited to sit down and start playing with all of my new stuff from the upcoming spring catalogue which comes into effect on January 3rd.   First I need to figure out what items I absolutely have to have from the holiday catalogue as January 2nd is the last day to order from it.    Some items from the holiday catalogue are carried over and can be found on page 36 of the spring catalogue.   I will post some new projects soon - I hope!     Thanks for stopping by!

Pat





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.